Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 3 - do over

I looked back at Day 2 and my eyes blurred over... I am going to try and simplify even more:

Sec 2711
No Lifetime or Annual limits
I think it is clear that there will be no lifetime limits or annual limits on the benefits that you can receive... I promised not to put my bias in this.... but I want you to think of being an insurance company owner... call your agent and ask how this is possible. And call me, I want to know.

Sec 2712
Prohibition on rescissions (why couldn't they say: cancellations?)
Your policy can't be canceled.

Sec 2713
Coverage of Preventive Health Services
There will be Task Forces and Advisory Committees set up to make recommendations for preventive health care tests, procedures to be covered. and within a reasonable time, the insurance companies will be required to cover them... things like mammograms, immunizations, etc.

Now to Day Three:

Sec. 2714
Extension of dependent coverage
An adult dependent child (not married) will be covered until they turn 26 (some restrictions/definitions of dependent)

Sec 2715
Development & Utilization of uniform explanation of coverage and Standardized definitions.

Hey! here's one that says it all in the title!.... they promise to use people language in the Insurance papers.... and not more than 4 pages! woo hoo! And print no smaller than 12 font! Yes!!!

A bunch of instructions to make policies easy to compare....
A bunch of instructions describing who health insurance issuers are;
A bunch of instructions describing how to standardize definitions.
fines for failure to comply with the changes required.

Sec 2716
Prohibition of discrimination based on salary.

Employers with group plans may not favor higher wage employees.


Done for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment